NOTE: This episode was originally published in 2020 under my former podcast name “Nice-ish”. I thought it was only right to bring the episode back and make some edits, especially since the content remains relevant! Share with your newbie friends‼️
Ever wondered about the vibrant, pulsating heart of Caribbean Carnival culture? Picture this: A colorful and music-filled celebration of freedom that dates back centuries. Carnival is more than a party. It’s a rich tapestry woven with threads of cultural pride, unity and tradition.
This episode will take you on an immersive journey, pulling back the curtain to reveal rudimentary information about the Carnival chasing lifestyle.
Covered in this Episode:
- The difference between “fetes” and “limes”
- Fete types
- How to register for a band
- Tips for selecting and collecting your costume
- Road basics
- Understanding “Monday Wear”
- Things to consider when planning your carnival trip
- Resources for last minute planning
- Survival tips